Do you: …love Industrial Engineering…want to dedicate time learning more about the Industrial Engineering field…want to participate in facility tours at companies in the KC Metro area and beyond…want to help further the Industrial Engineering discipline in the KC Metro area…
Join the Kansas City Institute of Industrial Engineer’s board!
Current open positions include but are not limited to:
- President Elect
- Corporate Relations
Contact Co-President: Anita Noller, Anita.Noller@hallmark.com or Co-President: Keith Johnson, Keith.Johnson@hallmark.com
Join KCIIE for a no frills, networking hang-out at Saints Pub and Patio to talk Royals baseball & Industrial Engineering and have a good time with your IE counterparts in the KC area!
When: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: Saints Pub & Patio, 16804 W. 89th St., Lenexa, KS 66219
Price: FREE FREE FREE !!! The chapter will provide appetizers, come and join us.
Attend Event Let us know at this link if you’ll be there so we can reserve seats.
HUGE Congratulations to your local Kansas City IIE CHAPTER’S 2015 IIE Fellow and Outstanding Early Career IE Award RECIPIENTS, Anita Ranhotra and Carl Kirpes.
Anita and Carl were awarded during the IIE Annual Conference and Expo 2015, in Nashville, TN.
The Fellow Award: Anita Ranhotra, one of this year’s distinguished recipients
Recognizes outstanding leaders of the profession who have made significant, nationally recognized contributions to industrial engineering. A fellow is the highest classification of IIE membership.
Not more than 20 fellows can be named each year. Candidates must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments in both professional career and service to industrial engineering.
Candidates must excel in at least one of the following three specific criteria:
- Management – Has achieved significant results and has made notable contributions to running or managing organizations or departments that include industrial engineering or related functions. The organizations may be in industry, government, or academe.
- Technical innovation – Has made significant contributions relating to industrial engineering through the creation of new methodology and/or philosophy and its dissemination through media such as books, journals, magazines, conferences, and meetings, as well as broadcast and Web communications.
- Practice innovation – Has made significant contributions to industrial engineering practice through the design and implementation of industrial engineering techniques including measurement of the resulting benefits.
Service to Industrial Engineering
Candidates must qualify in two of the following three specific criteria and excel in at least one:
- IIE service – Has volunteered significant time and effort on behalf of IIE.
- Interdisciplinary activity – Has volunteered significant time and been active in national or international leadership with other groups that relate to industrial engineering.
- Leadership in promoting industrial engineering – Has significantly enhanced the visibility and impact of industrial engineering through promotional activities.
The Outstanding Early Career IE in Business/Industry Award: Carl Kirpes, this year’s recipient
Recognizes individuals in business/industry who have made significant engineering contributions in the application, design, research or development of IE methods. The award recognizes individuals who have shown outstanding characteristics in leadership, professionalism and potential in the field.