Join us as we tour Coleman’s distribution facility in Gardner. The Coleman Company was founded in 1905 and is headquartered in Wichita, KS with operations around the world. The company opened its distribution facility in Gardner, KS in October 2009. It currently employs around 200 full‐time employees and will staff an additional 200 contingent workers during peak season. The facility is a 24/7 operation. Some interesting facts about the Coleman Distribution facility:
- 1.1 million square feet
- 25 acres under roof (20 football fields)
- 3,000 truckloads of concrete on the interior
- 3,000 truckloads of concrete on the exterior
- 100 dock doors and trailer parking for 300
- The building is accumulating LEED points and working towards becoming LEED certified
- For energy efficiency, all lighting is operated by motion sensors and the roof is specially painted to reflect light.
Where: 17150 Mercury St, Gardner KS (off I-35 and US-56)
When: Wednesday, April 25th at 3pm
Cost: Free for IIE Members; $15 for non-Members
Sneak peek at May event: Volunteering at Harvesters, Tuesday, May 8th, 5-7pm. More info soon!