Join IISE this Thursday for a showing of Dream Big: Engineering Our World
In partnership with American Society of Civil Engineers and narrated by Academy Award® winner Jeff Bridges, Dream Big: Engineering Our World is a first of its kind film for IMAX® and giant screen theatres that will transform how we think about engineering. From the Great Wall of China and the world’s tallest buildings, to underwater robots, solar cars and smart, sustainable cities, Dream Big celebrates the human ingenuity behind engineering marvels big and small, and reveals the heart that drives engineers to create better lives for people around the world. Filmmaker Greg MacGillivray explores the human ingenuity behind engineering marvels — big and small — and reveals the heart that drives engineers to create better lives for people around the world.
Thursday, September 21st, 2017 at 5:30 PM
B&B Regnier Extreme Screen at Union Station
30 W Pershing Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108
This is a great event for friends and family! The film is inspiring and showcases incredible engineering designs from around the world. Bring your family along and inspire the next generation of engineers!
Tickets: $6 per person
Networking to follow at Pierponts in Union Station
Mark your calendar for the networking event of the summer: Thursday, August 24th from 4-7 PM.
Join IISE at the 6th Annual KCMN Summer Networking event! Wrap up your summer by having a beverage with your fellow manufacturers, and making some new connections. Note: this is a members only event – it’s open to KCMN, IISE, CCAI, SME, APICS, & ASQ members and invited guests.
iWerx Co-Working & Event Space
1520 Clay Street
North Kansas City, MO 64116
August 24, 2017 4-7 PM
iWerx, located just off Burlington in North KC, offers office space and event space with a fun environment, massive bar and is right in the heart of KC’s hot new entertainment district, dubbed by the KC Biz Journal as ‘Industrial-Strength’ entertainment. NEW this year – Restless Spirits Distilling, 2016 Distillery of the Year for Missouri, will be sampling their wares, and we’ll also feature KC-produced craft beers! Admission includes 2 complimentary beverages, as well as great appetizers from Dean & Deluca, plus an opportunity to network with fellow manufacturers- all for only $25 per person.
- Event limited to the first 150 people who sign up
- Networking activities, delicious food and an amazing drink selection!
- Proceeds benefit the scholarship funds for the participating organizations.
- Advance registration is required, (online or email@example.com) No walk-ins will be accepted at the door
- Pay online at http://tinyurl.com/iwerx2017 OR Cash or check at the door – due to 6 organizations involved, no invoicing
Have you ever wanted to get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Kansas Speedway?
This year’s Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineers Intern Day will include a tour of the Kansas Speedway followed by networking. Join us at the Speedway on Wednesday, July 26th at 3:30 pm for a tour. Following the tour, there will be a networking session at Granite City which will be sponsored by Allied Global Services.
400 Speedway Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66111
Appetizers sponsored by
Allied Global Services
1701 Village W Pkwy
Kansas City, KS 66111
Do you: …love Industrial Engineering…want to dedicate time learning more about the Industrial Engineering field…want to participate in facility tours at companies in the KC Metro area and beyond…want to help further the Industrial Engineering discipline in the KC Metro area…
Join the Kansas City Institute of Industrial Engineer’s board!
Current open positions include but are not limited to:
- President Elect
- Corporate Relations
Contact Co-President: Anita Noller, Anita.Noller@hallmark.com or Co-President: Keith Johnson, Keith.Johnson@hallmark.com
Join KCIIE for a no frills, networking hang-out at Saints Pub and Patio to talk Royals baseball & Industrial Engineering and have a good time with your IE counterparts in the KC area!
When: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: Saints Pub & Patio, 16804 W. 89th St., Lenexa, KS 66219
Price: FREE FREE FREE !!! The chapter will provide appetizers, come and join us.
Attend Event Let us know at this link if you’ll be there so we can reserve seats.
HUGE Congratulations to your local Kansas City IIE CHAPTER’S 2015 IIE Fellow and Outstanding Early Career IE Award RECIPIENTS, Anita Ranhotra and Carl Kirpes.
Anita and Carl were awarded during the IIE Annual Conference and Expo 2015, in Nashville, TN.
The Fellow Award: Anita Ranhotra, one of this year’s distinguished recipients
Recognizes outstanding leaders of the profession who have made significant, nationally recognized contributions to industrial engineering. A fellow is the highest classification of IIE membership.
Not more than 20 fellows can be named each year. Candidates must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments in both professional career and service to industrial engineering.
Candidates must excel in at least one of the following three specific criteria:
- Management – Has achieved significant results and has made notable contributions to running or managing organizations or departments that include industrial engineering or related functions. The organizations may be in industry, government, or academe.
- Technical innovation – Has made significant contributions relating to industrial engineering through the creation of new methodology and/or philosophy and its dissemination through media such as books, journals, magazines, conferences, and meetings, as well as broadcast and Web communications.
- Practice innovation – Has made significant contributions to industrial engineering practice through the design and implementation of industrial engineering techniques including measurement of the resulting benefits.
Service to Industrial Engineering
Candidates must qualify in two of the following three specific criteria and excel in at least one:
- IIE service – Has volunteered significant time and effort on behalf of IIE.
- Interdisciplinary activity – Has volunteered significant time and been active in national or international leadership with other groups that relate to industrial engineering.
- Leadership in promoting industrial engineering – Has significantly enhanced the visibility and impact of industrial engineering through promotional activities.
The Outstanding Early Career IE in Business/Industry Award: Carl Kirpes, this year’s recipient
Recognizes individuals in business/industry who have made significant engineering contributions in the application, design, research or development of IE methods. The award recognizes individuals who have shown outstanding characteristics in leadership, professionalism and potential in the field.